Thursday, April 8, 2010

St John the Baptist Church

Abe V Rotor

Restored old Spanish church; ceiling mural of the
Baptism at the Jordan River
by local artists.
San Juan, La Union.

Acknowledgment: I had the opportunity to meet Rev Fr Ignacio Asuncion, parish priest of this beautiful church. It was a very pleasant talk we had on a Black Saturday morning. The church is a tourist attraction in the town consistently adjudged as one of the cleanest and most beautiful towns in the Ilocos Region. Coming from Manila, one wouldn't miss dropping by; it is the next town after San Fernando LU.

I also had the opportunity to visit
in 1992 the Jordan river at the spot Christ was baptized, for which I reason I take pride in sharing this subject with my followers and readers of this blog.
Wishing you all A Happy Easter.


No comments: