Sunday, July 4, 2010

Reflections on Tikob Lake

Abe V Rotor

Tikob Lake, Tiaong, Quezon

I see the face of heaven on your shining face,
Pristine, primitive and pure;
And migrating birds and airplanes in illusion
Crossing you from shore to shore.

But it's only your skin not your being that I see,
Your heart and your soul well in keep,
Throbbing with life, that I can only guess they do,
While your mother sleeps in the deep.

Ah, I call your state of peace and tranquility,
Transient, unpredictable,
Like beauty passing by, to be truly admired,
Is short-lived, intractable. ~

Home, Sweet Home with Nature, AVR



1 comment:

Feel Bryan said...

As a resident of Tiaong where the Tikob lake is located, I admire your great words about it. So inspired with you, there's a possibility that this lake would become a tourist spot of Tiaong according to the municipality by this coming 2012. Thanks for a nice read ;)