Thursday, December 30, 2010

An Arch of Trees

An Arch of Trees

Dr Abe V Rotor

 


An Arch of Trees in acrylic AVR 2011

 

I passed under the Arch of Constantine,

      the emperor’s commemoration;

 

I passed under the Arc de Triomphe,

     victory of the French Revolution;

 

I passed under the Triumphal Arch of Tyre

     Lebanon’s necropolis station;

 

I passed under the Tijuana border Arch,

     marker of Mexican- American union;

 

I passed under the Arch of the Centuries,

     UST’s 400-year celebration;

 

 I passed under natural rock arches

    that have survived time and erosion.

 

I pass under the arches of the rainforest

      seat of biodiversity and evolution.

 

 I passed under an arch of trees at home,

     sweet  nature and human union.~

 

 


1 comment:

Ria Salaveria said...

Since I entered college, I never had the chance to enjoy the beauty of nature. I was always busy doing school work or resting when there are no classes. I never realized how much nature can do so much for me until I got the chance to do so.

One day, I was so stressed with school that I decided to sit at the Botanical Garden of our school. It was only then that I realized again the beauty of nature. Not only did I see its beauty, I also realized how relaxing it was. The fresh air, the chirping of the birds and the swinging of the trees was a relief. For a second,I forgot about my problems.