Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tunnel Windows of Santa Monica, Capiz

Dr Abe V Rotor

Daybreak, I ask what lies beyond the wall, and a whisper

came through, what goes in there?

And the view

I see is the same though,

yet a vine across the window

is calling, hello!

Walls, walls, walls, I complain.

Windows, windows, the sun and wind answer in refrain.

One window is blocked

with the machine of a clock

that had long stopped.

Tic-tac-tic-tac-tic-tac...

Here's one bright morning, ah, but another game,

yet a holy name I hear to learn to say, Amen.

I see heaven through a keyhole,

and myself whole;

I wish to reach it, but the key isn't mine

And neither time.

Acknowledgment: Santa Monica church; Rev Msgr Benjamin Advincula

Episcopal Vicar for the Clergy, Archdiocese of Capiz,

and Parish Priest of Santa Monica

No comments: