Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The power of the third eye and eighth sense. Can you tell what are these creatures?

The power of the third eye and eighth sense.  Can you tell what are these creatures?  
Dr Abe V Rotor
 I cling to the leaves on the nether side,
gnawing for a living on its edible part,
and make a shingle out of it which I carry 
on my back, then transfer nearby for the next meal,
and another shingle, until I look like a pagoda 
sans base, moving from place to place;
then I stop and rest, I remain in stupor.
then metamorphose leaving my domain - 
if I am male, I have wings to fly away and mate.
Lo! to the female it is wingless and waits for me
for a brief romance, then she withdraws into temple
now a maternal nest, and our life cycle is complete.  
What am I? 
   

Obnoxious I look and smell no one dares to get near,
much less to pick me neither by beak nor tongue,   
for my enemies are few, so my friends - if I know;
you see, if you are ugly and dirty no one bothers you,
like anyone else not excluding some humans;
but in my case Nature designed me this way, 
and she thinks I'm beautiful, to me it is a gift of life;
surviving a cruel world.  I rest now and someday
I'll metamorphose into something beautiful 
in the eyes of man, so beautiful and dainty
no one will ever ask what I was before.
What am I? 

Answers: Cryptothelea heckmeyeri Heyl (pagoda bagworm), will metamorphose into a moth; Papilio alphenol caterpillar on citrus leaves, will metamophose into a butterfly.  Bothe belong to Order Lepidoptera.

No comments: