Thursday, November 2, 2017

Five Verses in a Garden One Morning

Five Verses in a Garden One Morning
“If I have wings, would I ever find peace?
My thoughts are far from comfort and ease.”

Dr Abe V Rotor
Forgotten Stairway 
              

Bare are the steps,
save  the weeds that grow,
bearing witness we had long
passed through;
once we climbed to the top
but never knew,
we would someday fall
and look up anew.
 Kuliaoan or Black-Naped Oriole 
     
              

I never saw you again on the trees,
Like the story of a once vast herd
That disappeared from the prairies;
I, too, was robbed of a precious bird.

Years had passed since I left my old birthplace,
Then one early morning you came back,
Descending to beg for peace with a lace
Of bright yellow and mourning black.


Lazy Rose Moss 
 

You wake up with the sun,
But sleep all day through, 
Opening briefly before it’s gone,
Sleeping again the whole night through;
Lazy Portulaca, full of beauty rest,
Briefly you live and seldom caressed.
                                      

Butterfly at Rest
 
The butterfly flutters to show her beauty;
When at rest, she exudes peace and serenity.
If I have wings, would I ever find peace?
My thoughts are far from comfort and ease.
                                     
Click Beetle

                

Sweet memories bring a wit long laid,
When I was a child I played
Your game of click-click-click,
Telling me if life’s bright or bleak.

I asked how many friends or money I had,
By clicking, I knew what you said;
And pressing your breast, my wish implied,
All I wanted, you complied.                                

Acknowledgement: Internet Photos; AV Rotor, Sunshine on Raindrops 2000

No comments: